So in my travels yesterday, I got an idea from the scenery (or lack thereof). There is this little single baseball field I passed, which unfortunately has been neglected by the City or the land-owners. I intend to write to the City to inquire about the state of the unused park to perhaps clean it up and start a Kids/Family night for people in the area. Some of the homes closely located to the park don't have much land-space to really enjoy so I want to provide that to the people in the community.
I think this would be a great step in the right direction to bettering our community. I think of the possibilities: an anual Family Picnic and Cooperative Games Night, fun contests for kids, face painting, etc. It could be like a mini-festival for kids in the area. It would also help keep families together and having fun, which is so vital in times like these.
Silly, that an overgrown field is not in use for no particular reason. Hopefully, I can start to change that.
Emily, where in the city is this park located? I am wondering if it is close enough to walk to from my school. If you can, let me know. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteIt's not quite a park, yet. However, it is on Elmwood by Highland.
ReplyDelete